Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose used in instant noodles
Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose is used in instant noodles in the earliest production with the development of China's food industry. The application of ways CMC in food production. more and more different characteristics play a different role and now has been widely used in the cold. Cold, instant noodles, lactic acid drinks, yogurt, fruit milk, juice and other food industries.
CMC function in food production
1. Thickening: to obtain high viscosity at low concentrations. Can control the viscosity of food processing. while giving food lubricity.
2. Water retention: reducing syneresis food and extend shelf life of food.
3. The dispersion stability: maintaining food quality stability. prevent water stratification (emulsification). the control crystals in frozen food size (reduced ice crystals).
4. Film: the formation of a layer of film in fried foods. to prevent excessive absorption of fat.
5. Chemical stability: for chemicals, heat, light stability. There is a certain anti-mildew properties.
6. Metabolic inert: as a food additive. Will not be metabolized. Not provide heat in the food.
7. Odorless, non-toxic, tasteless.