Carboxymethyl cellulose (Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose) referred to CMC, colloidal metal surface active polymers, is an odorless, tasteless, non-toxic water-soluble cellulose derivatives, generally used is the sodium salt, so the full name should be called sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, namely CMC-Na.
II. Product Features:
1.CMC fiber white or slightly yellow granular powder, tasteless, odorless, non-toxic, soluble in water and form a transparent viscous gel, the solution was neutral or slightly alkaline. Long-term preservation is not bad, at low temperatures and sunlight is stable. But dramatic changes in temperature, the solution pH changes. And the effects of ultraviolet radiation on microorganisms, can also lead to hydrolysis or oxidation, the solution viscosity decreased, even corrupt the solution, the solution For long-term storage, is optional Suitable preservatives, such as formaldehyde, phenol, benzoic acid, organic mercury compounds .
2.CMC same with other polymer electrolytes, when dissolved, first produced Peng Zhang phenomenon between the particles adhere to each other to form a coating or adhesive group, making it impossible to disperse, but to dissolve slowly. Thus, in the preparation of an aqueous solution, if they can uniformly wet the particles, can significantly increase the rate of dissolution.
3. CMC is hygroscopic, moisture in the atmosphere of CMC with average air temperature increases, the temperature rises with the air decreases, the average temperature is 80% at room temperature --50%, the equilibrium moisture above 26%, the product moisture 10% or less. Therefore, product packaging and storage should pay attention to moisture.
4. Zinc, copper, lead, aluminum, silver, iron, tin, chromium and other heavy metal salts, enabling CMC aqueous precipitation, precipitation of lead acetate in addition to salt, but can still be re-dissolved in the sodium hydroxide or ammonium hydroxide solution .
5. Organic or inorganic acids, for the solution of this product, also from precipitation, precipitation depending on the type and concentration of the acid varies, generally PH2.5 following that precipitation occurs, add soda and can reply.
6. Calcium, magnesium and salt and other salt precipitation on the CMC solution can not afford, but the impact of lower viscosity.
7. CMC and other water-soluble glue and softener, resins, etc. are compatible.
8. CMC pumped into a film at room temperature immersed in acetone, benzene, butyl acetate, carbon tetrachloride, castor oil, corn oil, ethanol, diethyl ether, dichloroethane, oil, methanol, methyl acetate, methyl ethyl be no change in the ketone, toluene, turpentine, xylene, peanut and other twenty four hours.
9. This product appearance is fine or coarse, fibrous or still, because the processing varies with its physical and chemical properties unrelated.
10. CMC simple to use cold water or warm water 40-50 ℃, can be directly added to dissolve, avoiding some of the chemicals need to be heated to dissolve the tedious operation.