Carboxymethylcellulose(CMC) applied in oil drilling field
Sodicum Carboxymethyl Cellulose(CMC) is widely used in the drilling, digging and other projects of petroleum and natural gas, which can be divided into CMC LV and CMC HV, low viscosity type and high viscosity type. The selection of CMC is depended on different conditions, such as, mud types, regions, depth well.
The application of oil drilling mud: in misering and oil drilling projects there must be high quality mud to ensure the normal operation of the drilling. High quality mud must have suitable specific gravity, viscosity, thixotropic and water loss values. Each of these values is different with others while the values such as the area, depth, mud type are different. CMC used in the mud is able to regulate these physical parameters, such as reducing the loss of water, adjusting viscosity, increase thixotropy, etc..
The role of CMC LV/HV in drilling is as follows:
(1) Mud with CMC can make the borehole wall to form filter cake with the features of thin, sturdy and low permeability filter, so that it can reduce water loss.
(2) Mud contained CMC is rarely influenced by fungus, therefore, there is no need to maintain a high pH values and use preservatives.
(3) Mud added CMC can let rig get low initial gel strength, and it is easy to release the gas wrapped inside the mud as well as discard the debris quickly into the morass.
(4) When using drilling mud added CMC as treatment agent of flushing fluid, it can anti-various soluble salts pollution.
(5) The mud contained with CMC has good stability, it cannot lose water even if the temperature is above 150℃.
(6) As the same with other suspended dispersions, drilling mud has a certain existence period, and CMC added into can make it stable so as to extend the existence period.